All one has to do is turn on the evening news or read the newspaper to understand that we as a nation are hurting deeply. These trying and challenging times have touched us all and it’s enough to make many people want to throw their hands up in despair. However, there are other stories that don’t make the headlines very often, and that is the good news of the enduring human spirit. The stories of men, women and children struggling to defeat homelessness, poverty, addiction, hopelessness and joblessness, and the courage and fortitude it takes to overcome. Additionally, the stories of those in our community who give their hard earned money to provide help and opportunities for others they don’t even know. For over two decades, the kindness and generosity of others has never ceased to amaze me. This is what motivates and inspires me and those we serve to continue to fight for success.
Alpha Project’s mission is to empower individuals, families, and communities by providing work, recovery, housing and support services to people who are motivated to change their lives and achieve self-sufficiency. With a tax deductible donation, you may choose which program you would like to contribute to. Each and every program we offer provides hope, opportunities, and new beginnings to those that are less fortunate.
Our programs include:
- Alpha Square, a new construction project that will include 203 studio apartments for homeless and very-low-income individuals in Downtown San Diego;
- Casa Raphael/Casa Base, a 140-bed residential treatment program for homeless men;
- 193 units of permanent housing for low-income homeless adults with special needs;
- Over 600 units of affordable housing for very low-income families and seniors;
- Homeless Outreach providing water, food, blankets, hygiene packs, and referrals to programs;
- Take Back the Streets providing job training and supportive employment to homeless individuals performing community revitalization services and fire prevention services throughout the County
- Interim Housing Program, a 134-bed, short-term housing program for chronically homeless men and women
- Hospice for the Homeless, providing assistance to veterans, homeless and indigent people diagnosed with chronic and terminal illnesses;
- Alpha Project’s Microenterprise Program, Community Court Program and many others.
Please take a moment to learn more about our programs and services and how you can help change the lives of others. We are proud to provide over 24,000 men, women, and children each year with the assistance they need to break the cycle of poverty, homelessness and dependence. I invite you to contact us any time to visit our facilities and see your donation in action. With your gift, we can make miracles happen!
President and CEO